Enjoy your Wellfleet vacation in the charming 3 bedroom, 3 bath, Lost Oak Cottage at Hidden Hollow
Lost Oak Cottage is located 1/2 mile from LeCount Hollow Beach, one of Wellfleet's stunning ocean beaches with sweeping dunes and rolling waves. The cottage is also situated adjacent to the Cape Cod National Seashore with a private path to the Cape Cod Bike Trail.
This 1847 Cottage was completely renovated in 2013 with an entirely new kitchen, a large roof deck above the kitchen, a screened-in porch overlooking Blackfish creek to the south, and an expanded master bedroom with beautiful views of Blackfish Creek.
Here's a list of some of the amenities you'll enjoy while staying at Lost Oak Cottage:
- A fully-equipped eat-in kitchen with dishwasher, gas stove and microwave
- A washer and dryer, and clothesline in the back yard
- Fully Solar Powered - The new solar panels on the cottage generate more electricity through-out the year than the cottage uses; giving you a 'sustainable' vacation experience!
- Broadband wireless internet connection
- A living room with gas fireplace, cable TV, DVD, and comfortable seating
- One bedroom on the first floor with a full size bed
- A large master bedroom on the second floor with a queen bed and a walk-out to the expansive roof deck; perfect for relaxing after the day’s activities and enjoying the views of Blackfish Creek
- Basement with a bunkroom with 4 twin beds and a family room for the kids
- A lovely screened-in porch, and a yard with picnic table, a hammock and a gas grill.
- The cottage is fully heated for late spring or early fall vacations
- Parking is available for 3 cars
- Maximum occupancy is 8 guests. (Sorry – No Pets)
Lost Oak Cottage is perfect for gathering with friends and family, or simply picking up a pair of binoculars and quietly watching the vast variety of birds as they fly by.
This quintessential cape cottage used to be the Station Master’s house for the South Wellfleet railway. During the renovation we worked hard at keeping the “cottage” feel, using original doors, beams, and flooring wherever possible. The general store is just a quick walk across the bike path next to the post office, ice cream shop, bike rental, liquor store, and the South Wellfleet Chamber of Commerce information booth. There is a fantastic bakery called The Blue Willow that serves exquisite muffins, pies, and cakes. It’s a great stop for your morning coffee. In addition, just ¼ mile down the street is the newly built French restaurant, “PB Boulangerie Bistro”, known as one of the best eating establishments on the outer cape.
Testimonials from Recent Visitors
Too good to be advertised
We really like this property and surrounding location with the pretty towns, ocean, bike trails, forest preserves and crystal clear ponds. We had great lunches outdoors on the roof deck every day. The place is clean and well maintained by the friendly and helpful owners Joy and Bill. It is our second time at this location (first time we stayed at smaller cottage, the Road House, by the same owners) We hope to be back soon. - Natalya, David, Anna
We cannot say enough good things about this cottage. It is beautiful inside - light, bright and clean with fabulous spaces for reading and relaxing. The location is absolutely perfect - we biked every day on the trail to get ice cream, biked to the beach, and got in the car only for a quick drive to swim in the crystal clear ponds or to visit the bayside beaches and the Village of Wellfleet. The owners of the cottage are incredibly kind and helpful. We would recommend this property to anyone who asked, and we hope to return ourselves next summer.